Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's summertime!

Sorry to disappear, it's summertime and not only is my almost-fourth-grader home, the garden is growing great guns! I try to keep my son's summer low-key, so I'm working from home while he's with me, which is very distracting. Between him and keeping up with watering and harvesting the garden, I haven't had time to update my blog. So much has happened!

I left off with things ending with J. He and I are still friends and we talk daily (if possible), but we're just friends. That was an interesting transition, considering that he seemingly just turned off his feelings, but thankfully it's over and we've settled into being friends. For a brief while my husband was dating a woman who seemed really nice, but due to a conflict between my husband and I she ended things, convinced that the problem was her. It wasn't, but she didn't give me a chance to explain anything from my side, even though we'd met for lunch a couple of times and had chatted pretty regularly. I really don't like feeling discarded, even if it's by someone who supposedly wanted to be my friend, but the passage of time has made that easier.

My husband and I are getting along better than ever! This was his first foray into dating and it seemed to reawaken things in him that had been dormant since his depression, which is a mixed blessing. It's great, don't get me wrong, but I had spent years wrapping my head around him not being that person anymore, only to discover that with the right impetus he could be affectionate again. I'm really happy about that, but I had some strong feelings about it that caused some problems, and that's what eventually led to her ending things. I sincerely wish she hadn't, but that's not mine, so I'm just accepting the situation. When I reached out to try to explain what had happened she told my husband that I was being manipulative, so I didn't contact her again, no matter how badly I wanted to. I think she has some baggage from past relationships and I suspect I hit a nerve.

I'm back to thinking that it's unlikely I'll get involved with someone else again, but I never say never...

No comments: